8 Easy Ways You Can Celebrate Random Acts Of Kindness Day
Today, February 17th, is Random Acts of Kindness Day! No matter how much time or money you have (or don’t have), there are so many easy ways you can participate. Now more than ever, the world is definitely in need of a little TLC, so pick a few activities and get going. Some of our favorite suggestions include:
1. Create a holiday based around someone you love
It could be your mom, your best friend, or your significant other, but dedicate the entire day to showing them how much you appreciate them. Write them a note explaining how they enhance your life, bring them lunch, or do that one chore they absolutely hate.
2. Buy coffee for the person in line behind you at the drive-thru
You’ll kick their morning off on a bright (and caffeinated) note.
3. Invite someone who’s new to town to spend time with you
Introduce them to your friends and help them get comfortable with the area. They’ll appreciate it more than you know.
4. Mail someone you love a photo of the two of you together
They’ll cherish the memory, plus everyone enjoys getting unexpected mail. As long as it’s not a bill.
5. Help someone who’s moving
Moving is always exhausting, so lend a hand if you have the ability.
6. Offer a compliment to someone’s boss
Perhaps it’s a server in a restaurant or a cashier at a store. If someone provided great service, let their manager know.
7. Call a friend you haven’t talked to in a while just to say hello
You never know how much they might have needed to hear a familiar, friendly voice.
8. Purchase extra dog or cat food and drop it off at a local shelter
These facilities often run low on supplies, and will put your donation to good use.
Lauren Levine is a freelance writer who has contributed to publications and websites including The Huffington Post, Hello Giggles, Bustle, Thought Catalog, The Charlotte Observer, U.S. News & World Report, and others. She’s also the co-host of The Margarita Confessionals podcast. Say hi on Twitter, @lifewithlauren1.