What going on Power 98 fam. I know you been looking for the perfect food to add to that diet. Lately, I've been doing a lot of research about one particular fruit, "the avocado". This large berry has everything you need and I have 6 avocado tips for you.
6. Avocado May Help Prevent Cancer
Some test-tube studies have shown that nutrients in avocados may have benefits in preventing prostate cancer and lowering side effects of chemotherapy. However, human-based research is lacking.
5. Avocado Is Delicious and Easy to Incorporate in Your Diet
They have a creamy, rich, fatty texture and blend well with other ingredients. A notable mention is guacamole, which is arguably the most famous use of avocados. It includes avocado along with ingredients like salt, garlic, lime and a few others depending on the recipe.
4. Eating Avocados Can Lower Cholesterol and Triglyceride(try-gli-sir-ride)Levels
These studies showed that avocados can:
- Reduce total cholesterol levels significantly.
- Reduce blood triglycerides by up to 20%.
- Lower LDL cholesterol by up to 22%.
- Increase HDL (the "good") cholesterol by up to 11%.
3. They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas
Potassium is a nutrient that most people don’t get enough of. Several studies show that having a high potassium intake is linked to reduced blood pressure, which is a major risk factor for heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
2. Avocados Are Loaded With Powerful Antioxidants That Can Protect Your Eyes
Not only do avocados increase antioxidant absorption from other foods, they are also high in antioxidants themselves. Studies show that they’re linked to a drastically reduced risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, which are common in older adults.
1. Eating Avocado May Help You Lose Weight
Avocados may aid weight loss by keeping you full longer and making you eat fewer calories. They're also high in fiber and low in carbs, which may promote weight loss.