Ever thought about that one restaurant you pass every day, but never try? Don't waste another minute not knowing some of the best local restaurants Charlotte has to offer.
Stop ignoring that hole in the wall restaurant down the street from your house. So many local restaurants in the Charlotte area we ignore and don't take the time to try. See this list of some of the hidden gems in the QC and add a new favorite spot to your dining out list.
Low-Key Local Resturants in the Queen City!
- Wolfman Pizza
- This local pizza joint that offers some of Charlotte's favorite specialty pizzas from a baked potato pizza to a cheeseburger pizza. The menu also includes salads, pasta, and some veggie options.
- Brickhouse Tavern
- This restaurant and tavern 2 in 1 hot spot gives you a chance to enjoy some great food and even better drinks. The menu has everything you can imagine from wings and brick oven pizza to tacos and sandwiches. The tavern holds 50 ice cold beers on draft at all times.
- Local Dish
- Head over the border to Fort Mill, SC for a bite. From shrimp and grits to pan-seared scallops you will wish you visited a long time ago.
- Punta Cana Grill
- Get a taste of the Carribean at this Dominican bistro in the QC. The menu offers some great Dominican treats like Mofongo with fried pork belly and some home favorites like BBQ ribs. Even better, every Saturday is karaoke night so you can enjoy the food and have a great night.
- Soul Central
- Enjoy some real deal southern cooking at this local spot. From dirty rice, cabbage, collard greens, sweet candied yams, and cornbread you will get that at home southern comfort.
- Lang Van Vietnamese
- Try some authentic Vietnamese cuisine at Lang Van Vietnamese Resturant. From famous Vietnamese beef noodle soup to seafood rice noodle soup you will always have something new to try for those taste buds.
- Passage to India
- Add some Indian food to your list by stopping by this restaurant. Try some samosa chat, palak paneer, and plain dosa.
- The Trail House
- Head to this local spot in India Trail for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Offering millionaire bacon, tacos, fish and chips, burgers, short ribs, and wings there's something for everyone.
If you have not been to any of these and looking for some great food, take your time out and give them a try! So many local restaurants in your area, so don't waste another weekend with the same old everyday spots.
Randi Moultrie - Digital Content Intern
Beasley Media Group - Charlotte, NC