Back to school truck rally? I think so !
- Come stop by and eat at one of the 12 food trucks and located at Historic Rural Hill, 4431 Neck Road in Huntersville from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Admission is free, and parking is $5.
Music, food, beer and more!
- Come to Camp North End to eat and to listen to music! It’s Free to attend. There’s beer, food trucks, and a band! Lots of seating, swings, and a paved area for kids to play! Scheduled every Friday from 5 p.m.to 10 p.m. until November 1st. Located at 1824 Statesville Avenue.
Come to a concert at Lake Norman!
- Concerts take place every Saturday of every month until October 2019, This Saturday, the concert is a tribute to the Beatles. D9 Brewing Company, 11138 Treynorth Dr, Cornelius, for the Lake Norman Summer Concert Series, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Matthews Labor day parade!
- A very popular festival called Matthew Alive is coming back ! There will be live music, family fun, and carnival rides. Festival runs from Fri Aug 30th to Mon Sept 2nd.Ticket information:
- $1 each
- Sheet of 25 for $20
- Mechanical rides cost from 3 to 6 tickets
- Inflatables cost 3-5 tickets
- Games cost 2-3 tickets
- KidZone games (under 8 years old) cost 1 ticket
- You can get a all-you-can-ride wristband for $15 on Friday.
FREE yoga at the US National Whitewater Center
- U.S. National Whitewater Center, 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway, offers FREE yoga starting at 9:30 a.m. It takes place at South Ridge. Parking is $6 per car.
Belk College kickoff Weekend
- Free Belk College kickoff fan fest from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., outside Bank of America Stadium. The FanFest Stage is at the corner of S. Mint Street and S. Graham Street.
Mediterranean street food fest
- Come and ateend a free event starting at 12 p.m at 2161 Hawkins St. Bring some money to eat at Sycamore Beer Garden for great authentic Mediterranean style food from our friends at Gyro Twins Truck, Great Sycamore beers, and Frosé Wild Blossom Cider. Also, listen to FREE live music!
US National Whitewater Center Labor Day celebration
- Celebrate Labor Day at U.S. National Whitewater Center Sunday, September 1st, 2019, with trail races, yoga, live music and fireworks.Parking costs $6. Fireworks will be set off at dusk. Bring lawn chairs or blankets. No outside food and drinks are permitted.
- 9:00am – Labor Day 5K/15K Trail Race
- 9:00am – Pass Activities Open
- 9:30am – SUP Yoga
- 11:00am – SUP Yoga
- 11:30am – Open Level Flow Yoga
- 2:30pm – Slow Flow Yoga
- 6:00pm – Live Music
- 8:00pm – Pass Activities Close
- 8:00pm – Live Music – Durand Jones and the Indications
- 9:30pm – Fireworks
YouTube “HobbyKids” Adventures at Walmart in Concord
- YouTube family HobbyKidsTV will be at Walmart, 5825 Thunder Road, Concord, on Sunday, September 1st, 2019, from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.Bring the kids to meet them.This is a free event.
- Play games
- See all-new toys
- Learn about the new HobbyKids Adventures animated series on YouTube
- Meet HobbyPig
- Meet HobbyFrog
- Meet HobbyBear
- Free collectible poster for all fans
Gamenight for Women at Thirsty Nomad
- Come to a free game night at Thirsty Nomad Brewing located at 4402 Stuart Andrew Blvd
FREE Comedy , yoga, and more?
- Come to Free Range Brewing, located at 2320 North Davidson Street, they host a number of free and inexpensive events every week. Some are regularly scheduled and recur every week or month, and some are special events.
Love yard art?
- Come to the return of Yard Art Day which has is a “grassroots arts exhibition, curated by the community, for the community.” Go to Yard Art Day in Charlotte to see the map and more information.
Motorcycle and Auto show!
- Come to Matthews Auto Reunion and Motorcycle showcasing showcases classic and unique automobiles and motorcycles.
- It will take place on Monday, September 2nd, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Matthews Town Green, 210 Matthews Station Street, Matthews. FREE to attend.
Live music, food and Brewing? Sounds like fun!
- Labor Day Celebration, with live music, free hot dogs, and water balloons, at Blue Blaze Brewing. Blue Blaze Brewing, 528 South Turner Avenue, is the first brewery in the Historic West End. It maintains a strong connection with the outdoors and healthy living.
Sunday Jazz Jam (and more)
Sunday Jazz Jam (and more) at Old Town Public House in Cornelius. Old Town Public House, 21314 Catawba Avenue in Cornelius, specializes in coffee, espresso, craft beer, fine wines and live music. It’s located in the heart of Old Town Cornelius. There’s no cover for the live music, so make sure to stop by. You’re also welcomed to tip the musicians, buy a drink, tip the bartender or barista, or even buy a CD if you like the music.
Open Mic Night? Hell yeah !
- Comedians Open Mic night Labor day! Join host Timothy Johnson Monday night in uptown Charlotte! You can also listen to music, the venue is phenomenal, and the jokes keep coming! 20 comedians sign up at 8PM. Jokes start with your host Timothy Johnson At 8:30 PM. Also, the wings are $0.75!!!
- Located at Graham St Pub and Patio, 400 South Graham St., Charlotte, North Carolina 28202