Valentine’s Day is great, but Galentine’s Day, a day dedicated solely to your girlfriends is the BEST day. Never heard of it? Well, it’s a REAL thing! Some say we can thank Parks and Rec, but on February 13, Galentine’s Day, a nonofficial holiday, is celebrated as a day for “ladies celebrating ladies.”
So in honor of celebrating, hang out with your besties by sitting down for the ultimate movie marathon from some of these suggestions below. Enjoy!
1. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants: This movie is a testament to long-lasting friendships and the power of a good set of jeans, this movie is a no-brainer.
2. Mean Girls: This cult classic honestly never gets old – it’s like totally, ‘Fetch.’
3. Legally Blonde: Elle Woods is unapologetically herself and doesn’t take no for an answer, she goes after what she wants whole-heartedly even if it means leaving the old life behind – a reminder to us all not to let anyone stand in our way.
4. Bridesmaids: “You are more beautiful than Cinderella!” This is hilariously put all those friendship and wedding expectations to the test and deliver one of the best wedding dress moments ever.
5. John Tucker Must Die: This is a 100% a must-watch. It is a power pack of once rival women take down serial player John Tucker.