I have experienced this myself, so I know it’s true.
Charlotte, we made a naughty list and frankly I am not really shocked. Out of the 45 busiest airports in the U.S., FinanceBuzz found that people are highly likely to miss a flight out of CLT if they are running late as we rank number two on the list out of ten. #AirportFail
The average TSA wait time at CLT is 32 minutes, Charlotte airport does not offer CLEAR lanes and Charlotte Douglas has the 9th most passengers flying out on average each day at 56,794…whoops. Check out the full list of the 10 worst airports to depart from when you’re cutting it close below.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Seattle/Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Better make sure you do the 2 hours (or maybe 3) before rule if you are flying out of any of these.