Water improves digestive health, lubricates joints, cushions the brain and spinal cord, helps transport oxygen through the body and improves the beauty of our skin. Water also boosts performance, helps with weight loss and prevents kidney damage. It’s a literal miracle elixir! The benefits of water are undeniable but if you are anything like me it’s hard to remember to drink enough.
Here are 5 ways to help you stay hydrated so drink it in!
1. Set a reminder. It is recommended that we drink 8 glasses a day. Have a notification on your phone go off every couple hours to remind to those glasses in.
2. Drink after every bathroom break. It’s easier to remember to drink water if you associate it with your basic everyday activities.
3. Keep a water bottle handy. It cuts down trips to the kitchen and serves as visual reminder to hydrate.
4. Add a little flavor! Maybe bland boring water isn’t you thing. Add a bit of personality to your water with you favorite fruits. Sparking water and flavored water from the store also count.
5. Get friends and family in on it. Your can team up with loved ones to make sure everyone is getting enough h20 by setting up group chats to remind each other.