NC Governor, Roy Cooper, just announced that NC schools WILL OPEN in August for In Person AND Remote Learning (Plan B). Here are some of the details…
- Students & Staff will be required to wear face mask. Each student will be provided with 5 face masks.
- School will be required to limit the number of people in the building to ensure social distancing.
- There will be symptom checks at schools
- Schools must provide an isolation room for sick students
- Schools and classrooms will be cleaned regularly
- Teachers will limit sharing of personal items (pencil, paper, etc.)
- Outside visitors will be limited
- Large gatherings (assemblies, etc.) will be suspended.
This is Plan B, which is the baseline. Individual school districts CAN choose to open with Plan C which is remote learning.
There is still a chance that the State of NC will move to Plan C (remote learning for all students) if our COVID number continue to rise.