This week on “Are You A Smarty Pants Episode #2”, let’s dive deeper into your pancreas. Since World Pancreatic Cancer Day is November 19, 2020, you might as well get ready for the social media frenzy with the #itsabouttime pop up in your news feed. As of today, October 9th you only have 6 weeks to prepare for the big day of awareness by rubbing elbows with Charlotte Pancreatic Cancer Alliance, now on social media: at: Facebook, Instagram , Linkedin and Twitter.
This week there’s only 4 questions to answer. Are you ready to pass with purple colors?????
Disclaimer: This is just an online quiz. You should always consult with a medical professional when you discover symptoms.
- Is the first symptom in the early stages of pancreatic cancer excessive hair loss?
- Is early detection a must for pancreatic cancer diagnosis?
- Can pancreatic cancer spread to different parts of your body?
- Can your loved one catch pancreatic cancer from you? Is it contagious to coworkers?
- Symptoms vary, but lack of appetite, extreme weight loss, back and abdomen pain are some of the symptoms.
- Yes, according to physicians, early diagnosis is key.
- Yes, pancreatic cancer can spread to lungs, bone, brain, and other organs, and once it spreads it might be too invasive to be removed by surgery.
- Pancreatic cancer is not contagious. No one can “catch” cancer from another person, but some research shows that people with certain risk factors are more likely than others to develop pancreatic cancer.