A lot of people have seen some tough times during this pandemic. Millions of Americans are unemployed and of course that takes a big toll when you’re a homeowner.
The HOMES program was created to use grant funds to assist Charlotte homeowners facing difficulty. The deadline was extended to November 15th. Here is what you need to qualify.
- live in Mecklenburg County.
- own a residential property or occupy a property with a qualifying life estate.
- have lived in this primary residence for the past three consecutive years.
- do not have more than one delinquent property tax bill in the last three years.
- total household income does not exceed 50% of the Area Median Income set by U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). For example, a family of four’s household income limit is $41,750.
If you need to apply, click here.