Geneva Potts is giving her Pound Cake recipe away!!!!!!!!!!! Let me share her words about the famous “Cream Cheese Pound Cake, That Makes You Wanna Slap Yo Mama!” For every event and for every big holiday, my Cream Cheese Pound Cake is requested by everyone! I don’t have many recipes written down on paper, most of them are stored in my head, but I am going to share this favorite with you. Most people will not share their recipes and I have never really understood why. Why is it a secret? Why not share the love! LOL!
Try this recipe, I am sure it will be a hit with your family just like it is with mine.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
You will need:
6 Brown Eggs
3 Sticks of Sweet Cream Salted Butter
1 – 8 oz. Package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
½ Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3 Cups of Cake Flour
3 Cups of Sugar
Baking Spray with Flour
16 oz. Can of Betty Crocker Cream Cheese or Butter Cream Frosting
Follow these instructions for a perfectly baked cake.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Eggs, butter and cream cheese should be room temperature
3. Mix the 3 sticks of butter, cream cheese and sugar in mixing bowl (electric mixers work best, mix well)
4. Add salt and vanilla extract (mix well)
5. While the mixer is still mixing, add in 2 eggs and then 1 cup of flour, mix well
6. Add in 2 more eggs and then add 2nd cup of flour, mix well
7. Add in last 2 eggs and then add the 3rd cup of flour, mix well
8. Mix all ingredients on high speed for about 4 or 5 minutes or until the batter is creamy almost whipped like.
9. Spray cake pan (I use a Bundt cake pan)
10. Pour batter in cake pan and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes
11. Remove cake from oven, let cool.
12. Heat icing over medium heat until smooth and pour over cake.
Now it’s time to enjoy this beautiful creation! Thank you Geneva!