This past year, we all have been spending a lot of time at home. Working from home, teaching school, sleeping, eating, and spending time with our families and pets staying safe. Doing so many things in one place can fuel our fire to reinvent our living space but you don’t need to spend a ton of money to do it.
It’s time to get creative and stylish on a budget. What are some very frugal ways to decorate your home? There are plenty of ways to transform your home and we are here to help you renovate without emptying your wallet. Check out our list of 10 low-budget decor ideas to sparks some inspiration in your home.
1.The Power of Paint. Yes, the simplest hack that costs you a paintbrush and a can of paint is to paint your space. Fresh paint can brighten up a room. You can focus on just an accent wall (go for a bold color) or you can do your whole house. If you hire someone, of course, this low-budget decor idea turns into a more expensive project, so we recommend sticking to the DIY version.
2.Peel & Press Backsplash. I am obsessed with the difference a peel and press backsplash can do to a room. Peel and press products allow you to create a dream space without spending a ton of money. Backsplashes that are peel and press are essentially stickers (so they are easy to remove) that look realistic and are very cost-effective. You can choose from brick, wood, tile, glass, stone, and even metal to brighten up your home decor. If you need some budget-friendly stores selling these products, click here.
3. Switch It Up. Decorate your room without spending a dime by rearranging your furniture. Sometimes all you just need a new perspective on a room and switching up your furniture can change the whole dynamic of your space. Just make sure you don’t lift anything too heavy and hurt yourself while fixing up your safe.
I hadn't moved in two weeks and then I decided to rearrange furniture and do a deep cleaning and now I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. pic.twitter.com/NDl9Cj8JC8— Josh (@JoshFlynn) February 9, 2021
4. Repurpose furniture. If you have a garage, basement, or attic that is housing some old furniture, break it out! A chair that needs a new cover or a carpet that you hid away because of a stain; these items can spice up a room with a little TLC. My personal favorite is heading to the local thrift store and finding a piece I might need and fixing it up. It’s cheap, easy to do, and ultimately adds a unique feature to your home.
5. Flip the Hardware. Switching out hardware is a very substantial but influential change you can make in your home decor. You can head to your local hardware store or even order online some very chic and cool hardware knobs to reinvent your space. It’s an easy way to freshen up your home and pull an esthetic together. This hack works best in the kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.
6. Mountplates or Baskets. Due to their inherently flat nature, plates make an excellent choice for cheap decorating. You can emphasize color, size, shape, pattern, picture, texture, and freshen up a plain wall. Basket wall decor is very low budget-friendly and you can find unique baskets at yard sales, thrift stores, or even the dollar store! You can mix and match big, small, colors and express your creativity with this low-budget decor idea.
7. LED your TV or Mirror. Changing the lighting in a room, especially on a large piece can alter the vibe of your home. All you need to do is purchase some LED strips and line them behind your TV or a large mirror. We have this in my home and it’s also a great conversation piece when we have guests over.
The led lights I ordered for my tv came! They’re slightly dim but they’re good enough for now, they’re so pretty 😭💞 pic.twitter.com/8MuBfWYZA9— MAL | Lemons 🍋 (@SmolLemonss) February 3, 2021
8.Bring Nature In. My home is filled with shells, natural wood and it brings a real calming element to our space. Using wood, shells, rocks, leaves, flowers, crystals and natural sands can bring life and groundedness to your home decor. Foraging can be a free way to gather these natural elements, just make sure you are not harming the environment during your process. Purchasing some plants and cheap pots from your local department store can also bring cleaner air to your space which is an added benefit. You can find plants as low as $3 at Walmart or Target for this budget-friendly decor hack.
9. Add Some Wall Shelves. Decorating your walls can change a room’s dynamic for the better. You can find sets of wooden shelves on Amazon for as low as $20 that hang or you can mount. This is a great budget-friendly hack that you can also even DIY from materials at your local hardware store. See how to do that option here. This is also a great way to remove clutter from your counters in the kitchen and bathroom!
10.Mason Jars. One of the easiest ways to up your decor is by utilizing mason jars. They are a bit harder to find nowadays, but if you have some use them to organize and level up your home. Mason Jar organizers are cheap and very simple to put together. You can label them, paint them and they cost under $10.