Even though there has been no official mandate made for schools in the state of NC UNC Charlotte is now requiring everyone when on their campus if they are indoors to wear a mask beginning Monday August 2.
Officials from the school gave this information:
- This requirement is for all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- It applies to all spaces, including Atkins Library, dining halls, recreational facilities, common spaces and residence halls.
- The only exceptions to this requirement are when students are in their personal residence hall rooms or when employees are in their personal offices.
- The change in face-covering requirements does not affect the University’s plans for a return to full operations this fall, including face-to-face instruction.
- This change does not affect the expectation of the return to on-campus work for University employees.
UNCC says they will be giving more information about what to expect for the fall semester this coming Wednesday August 4.