Students at Lake Norman High School got an unscheduled long weekend. The Mooresville, NC high school dismissed students early Friday due to a fire nearby. A  transformer caught fire on Doolie Road close to the school. As a precaution and so Duke Energy could safely extinguish the fire and repair the transformer students were dismissed beginning at 9:15 A.M.  Power also needed to be turned off in the area so the repairs could take place.

Earlier this school year Lake Norman High School students were dismissed early due to a skunk in the school! Who knows what these North Carolina high school students will see next- a skunk, a fire, hopefully nothing else crazy!

Source Charlotte Observer

Here are 8 Ways to Spend Your Winter Days in Charlotte