The NCDOT awarded Mecklenburg County with $1.6 million to repair 18 miles throughout the county.
According to the NCDOT, The primary roads set for repairs will be:
- N.C. 16 (Brookshire Boulevard) between Fred D. Alexander Boulevard and Lawton Road
- N.C. 73 between West Catawba Avenue and Interstate 77
Segments of secondary roads to receive improvements include:
- Runnymede Lane/Woodlawn Road between Sharon Road and Park Road
- Westinghouse Boulevard between N.C. 49 (S. Tryon Street and Granite Street)
- Caldwell Road between Back Creek Church Road and the Cabarrus County line
NCDOT officials said crews will be resurfacing and repairing shoulders. They haven’t provided any information about which lanes might close or detour at this time.
Some of the roads like the Brookshire Boulevard only allow lane closures overnight and have to be back open by 5 a.m.