Ms. Jessica’s Ice Cream Pop Ups are back! Last week, I wasn’t able to do my weekly Ice Cream Pop Up because I was in Grenada. BUT my amazing brother Al Beezy held me down and dropped off a cool treat from Bluebell Ice Cream to the campers at Tuckaseegee Elementary. Thanks Al Beezy for stepping in and thanks Churchboi for all your help. Check out some of the pictures and 2 of my favorite Bluebell ice cream recipes below. Keep checking back to see where we “pop up” next!
Peachy Peach Bars
- 1 half gallonBlue Bell Peachy Peach Ice Cream
- 16 ozlemon-lime soda
- Popsicle mold and sticks
- Optional: sliced raspberries, peaches, blueberries
- Add one scoop of Blue Bell Peachy Peach Ice Cream for each mold into a mixing bowl.
- Let ice cream melt to a soft serve consistency. Mix well.
- For each bar, fill mold 1/4 full with lemon-lime soda.
- Add a layer of Blue Bell Peachy Peach Ice Cream so the mold is 3/4 full.
- Optional – add pieces of fresh fruit such as peaches, raspberries, and blueberries.
- Add lemon-lime soda to fill the mold.
- Place a stick in each mold.
- Freeze 3-4 hours.
- Fill a pan or container that is at least as tall as your mold with warm water, and briefly dip the mold into the water 20-30 seconds. Remove bars from molds.
- 1-2 scoops Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- root beer soda
- Place scoops of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream into a tall glass.
- Slowly pour root beer over the ice cream until glass is filled.