One Of The 10 Largest Lottery Jackpots Ever Won Was In South Carolina
I’ll be honest I don’t tend to play the lottery. I’m just not much into gambling. The risk isn’t worth the reward. But plenty of people love to play! In fact, my grandfather won a few thousand dollars on multiple occasions when he was alive. No telling how much he spent to win that though. If you’re hesitant to play the lottery, these stats may help. These are the ten largest U.S. lottery jackpots ever won and the states in which they where they were won. In fact, one of the largest lottery jackpots was sold in South Carolina. Pretty cool!
- $2.04 billion, Powerball, Nov. 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
- $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
- $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
- $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 13, 2023 (one ticket, from Maine)
- $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
- $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, Jan. 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
- $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
- $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
- $754.6 million, Powerball, Feb. 6, 2023 (one ticket, from Washington state)
- $731.1 million, Powerball, Jan. 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
Pretty crazy that one of the top three largest lottery jackpots ever was in South Carolina. You could be next! Good luck.