In recent years many of us have become a little more conscious about the way our daily lives impact the environment. From small decisions such as the clothes we wear, to the food we eat – even where we work, and how we choose to get there are all related. Have you ever wondered which North Carolina city is the greenest as far as employment? Moneypenny has looked at the top 100, including North Carolina, the biggest cities in the U.S by population to find which are the greenest to work in.
They looked at several different factors including:
- Air quality
- Number of parks
- Vegetarian restaurants per 1000 people
- Electric vehicle charging points per 1,000 people
- Average distance to work
- The percentage of the population who walk, bike, bus, tram, or train to work
- The average monthly cost of public transport
- The number of sustainable jobs currently advertised.