July 24 is National Tequila Day! I can’t wait to observe this special day. And to celebrate why not enjoy some of North Carolina’s favorite tequila. Tequila is characterized by the agave plant. But what makes certain brands better than others? The quality of the tequila is influenced by how much blue agave is in the drink. To be classified as a tequila it must be at least 51%. What makes up the other 49%? Some lower-end distillers use a sugar cane substitute which can contribute to that tequila hangover.
Whether you enjoy it straight either sipping or shots or in a margarita July 24th is the time to celebrate. Other popular tequila cocktails are frozen margaritas (sometimes flavored), the Mexican Mule (think a Moscow Mule with tequila), the Paloma, or the tequila sunrise.
But what is North Carolina’s favorite brand of tequila? Well, it’s not my go-to- that would be 1800. But still a solid choice. BetArizona.com asked the question and did the research based on Google trends. No matter what kind you’re drinking this weekend (responsibly of course) enjoy! I’ll be over here singing Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett to get ready for the day. “Wastin’ away again in Margaritaville…. Searching for that long-lost shaker of salt….