North Carolina These Best And Worst Items To Purchase In December
It seems like every store is having a sale this time of year. Everyone wants your money before the end of the year and throughout the holiday season. It can be tempting to overspend. I’m definitely guilty of that. But not everything is the best buy this time of year. In fact, my favorite shopping day of the year is not black Friday, it’s December 26th! Luckily our friends at Offers.com are here to help us know the best and worst items to purchase in December. Here’s what they have to say!
What to Buy in December
- Toys – With Christmas Day looming, retailers become increasingly eager to move toys off their shelves and under your tree. Although the hottest toys and gaming devices rarely see discounts around the holidays, plenty of action figures, dolls, board games, and other playthings will begin to drop in price as Christmas draws closer. Savings tend to reach their pinnacle on Super Saturday, the last Saturday before Christmas. On this unofficial holiday, retailers like to lure panicked parents with some of the season’s deepest discounts.
- Select electronics and small appliances – Black Friday and Cyber Monday may be over in December, but you’ll still encounter solid deals on electronics. Many retailers hold additional sales to clear out any tech inventory remaining from these sales. During previous Decembers, we’ve seen some excellent prices on laptops, smart home tech, kitchen appliances, headphones, and more.
- Fall clothing – As always, the best time to find in-store and online deals on clothing is after the season is over. Now that dropping temperatures call for thicker coats and long underwear, you can often score savings on fall-weather fashions. December is the month to stock your closet with light jackets, sweaters and other autumn styles for next year. Clearance racks will be filling up with this year’s fall styles, so now is the time to buy.
What Not to Buy in December
- Winter clothes – Hold off on purchasing heavy coats, boots, and cold-weather accessories. If you can wait until late winter – when retailers become increasingly eager to clear out inventory for new spring styles – you’ll likely land these seasonal items for significantly less. And if you can’t last till the end of the season, you can often score winter fashions at low prices during New Year sales.
- TVs – For the best deals on TVs, we always encourage shoppers to wait until the week before the Super Bowl. In the days leading up to game day, big-box retailers and warehouse chains often plunge prices to tempt fans who want to upgrade.
- Exercise equipment – If you can wait to buy your treadmills, yoga mats, and Shake Weights, you’ll likely find better deals during January, when retailers launch sales to draw shoppers with fitness-related New Year’s resolutions.
Get more helpful deals and shopping hints for what to purchase in December and beyond at Offers.com.
Charlotte, North Carolina Designer Fashion Warehouse Sale This Weekend
Sign me up for the Power 98 email newsletter!
Become a Power 98 VIP Member and never miss out on any of the fun! Get exclusive access to contests, music news, tour announcements, and MORE! You don't want to miss out on this!