A Workout You Can do with Your Pooch
Canine Cottages has shared a new fun workout for both you and your pooch.
With the end of lockdown on the horizon and many of us want to boost our fitness before we return to the real world. Canine Cottages has teamed up with fitness influencer Amy Lou Perry and her Insta-famous cockapoo Teddy to devise the perfect workout routine for you and your pooch!
And for anyone wanting to get fit with their dog at home, head on over to Teddy’s Instagram at 7 pm on Wednesday, March 31st when Amy (with the help from Teddy) will be live streaming the workout to the public for free! Here is the dog-friendly workout that you can do with your pooch at home:
- Lunges: 8 reps with 4 sets on each leg. For this exercise, use a treat as a lure to guide your pooch to weave through your legs during each lunge; keeping a treat to their nose will help you achieve this.
- Plank: Whilst in the plank position, alternate your arms and give your furry friend a big high five! Try your best and aim to do this for 60 seconds.
- Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps. Whilst standing, cuddle your dog using both arms across their stomach and chest. If they are too big, squat whilst holding both your dog’s paws so they are on their hind legs for added resistance (Warning… this move can result in lots of dog kisses!)
- Burpees: 3 sets of 6 reps. Jump in the air then bring your hands to the floor by your feet by bending your knees. Continue to extend your legs into a press-up position. Encourage your dog to jump when you jump and go ‘down’ when you’re in the press-up position.
- Wall sit: hold for up to 60 seconds. Providing your dog isn’t too big, hold onto them for extra weight or alternatively have them stand up and place their paws on your knees.
- Push-ups: 3 sets of 8 reps. Either engaging in a full press-up or on your knees. Encourage your pooch to give you a high five after each press-up or, if trained and their size allows you, have them sit on your back for added resistance.
To find out more, click here.